Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Things Have Arrived!

Saturday night my movers finally came with my things. I didn't mind the fact that it took nearly twice as much time as they estimated, or that it cost much more than they had estimated, the only thing I was concerned with was if my things would arrive in one piece. So far, so good, although there are still many more boxes to go! It feels even more real now that my things are here and I won't be living out of a suitcase any longer.

Mark was in NJ for a long weekend and I decided to prepare a nice surprise for him when he returned Sunday by getting as much done on the apartment as I could. (This worked especially well since he thought the movers weren't coming until Sunday since they had switched their schedule last minute.) I ran all over Texas running errands, including a trip to IKEA where I got a double-long TV stand with pieces so heavy that I could barely lift them and in fact had to roll them in the garage and slide them in the hall to get them up to our apartment. I stayed up late putting together the stand, starting to paint and unpack.

Unfortunately, I apparently pushed myself too much and hurt my back to the point that when I picked up Mark, I was walking like a 90 year old woman. He was really happy with all the work I did, but I learned my lesson to not hurt myself again by lifting things that I should know are way too heavy for me to lift.

The worst part is after all of that, the stand not only wasn't entirely done but had been chipped a little. One piece had come messed up and another, I had chipped with the 55" TV when I had put it on top. With all the work I did to put it together and how much pain I was in afterwards, I can not imagine dismantling and returning it so I'm hoping a black wood pen does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment