Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Routine

My routine back home in NJ/NYC was pretty regular. I'd get up and pack a large bookbag and head into the city to go to the gym. Then work, then commute home. I'd leave my apt around 7:15a.m. and get home around 7p.m. every day. My commute each way took around 35min and consisted of the PATH train and short walks before and after.

One of the nice things about my new job is that I have the flexibility to choose my own hours. After trying a few different time periods, I've finally settled on a new routine and it's very different than my old one.

I catch a 7:03a.m. bus to get to my office. Then, I leave work at 4:15p.m. to catch a bus home. This is one of the highlights of my day. After freezing all day in the AC at work, (I literally keep both a sweatshirt and a blanket at my desk,) the heat (usually around 100 degrees) and sun feel amazing. When the bus runs a bit late, I do get a little red so I kid that this is my daily tanning session. (Hey, I guess I did move from NJ!) :-) The bus literally stops across the street from my apartment and drops me off across the street from my office in 10 minutes so I'm home around 4:30 everyday. I then have some time to do errands/catch up on email and my (first) dvr until Mark gets home around 5:30/6 and then we go downstairs to the gym in our building. (Sidebar: it's nothing short of a miracle that I'm actually enjoying working out with Mark, I usually hate working out with people I know.) After the gym, Mark cooks us dinner and we hang out and watch tv and catch up on our day.

All in all, life feels much more laid back here and I love getting home from work so early and having a short commute.

Here are some of the wonderful views from my office. (Btw, I wait for the bus in front of the church in these shots.)





No comments:

Post a Comment