Sunday, October 2, 2011

Here We Go... To Houston!

Growing up in Pittsburgh, I have always bled black and gold so I was very happy to receive my birthday gift from Mark of tickets for us to watch the Steelers when they came to Texas this year. We headed to Houston on Saturday and I posted to my Facebook wall that we were making the journey. Low and behold, turned out that one of my brother's best friends lived in Houston. He had grown up right up the street from us and we made last minute plans to hang out with him and his fiance. Mark and I enjoyed an amazing seasonal dinner at a fabulous restaurant we had made reservations at called "Mark's". (How could we not eat there with a name like that?) We then met up with the friends at Ginger Man.

The next day, after a quick breakfast, we headed straight to the stadium. So many Steelers fans were there!! Steelers Nation was definitely loud and proud that day. On the way in to the stadium, we heard a voice in the distance yelling "Mark, Mark!" We turned around to see one of the people we had met at the Steelers bar on my birthday! We hung out with him and his girlfriend for a bit, along with the group they had come with, and then headed into the stadium. It was pink ribbon day, and as a woman who lost her mother to breast cancer, I was especially touched by this. We had a wonderful time, even though unfortunately we lost.

On the drive back to Dallas, we stopped at Peach Farm store. We got all sorts of neat "butters" and baked goods, even some pecan syrup!

We had a nice, quick trip but I am looking forward to having next weekend at home so we can continue to work on fixing up the apartment!



No comments:

Post a Comment