Friday, October 28, 2011

"Stop Jaywalking B****!"


Tonight, we went out in Uptown to watch the Rangers in the World Series. Sadly, they lost but we had fun and it was a great thing to do with our friend who was visiting for the weekend from Austin.

A guy approached us we were walking up the street to switch bars to watch the remainder of the game. He looked both homeless and high/drunk on something and harassed us for money. I ignored him and as we come to a corner, I notice that even though the lights weren't in my favor, there were no cars coming. I decided to cross the street to escape the harassment, instead of waiting for the lights to change. This guy proceeds to start yelling at me "Stop jaywalking b...****! How dare you jaywalk, that's messed up b****" etc.... really?! Jaywalking is where you draw the line? Public disturbance/harrassment/and whatever illegal substance you're on is okay but jaywalking is over your line of decency? My boyfriend M started yelling back, defending my honor and next thing you know, a police car pulled up and arrested the guy. Soon, several other cops biked over for backup.

Looking back on this incident, probably the funniest part was that when the cops came, I was a bit worried that they were going to arrest me for jaywalking...

We enjoyed the rest of the weekend, including attending a Halloween party.
Old time barkeep & Devil Wears Prada

No comments:

Post a Comment