Friday, August 26, 2011

First Week At Work

I have a feeling this is going to be a very short post, as I don't really have too much to report from my first week at work. But I know a lot of people have been asking so I thought I should say something...

Work seems fine. The people seem really nice and a few have gone out of their way to join me for lunch. My boss even took another coworker and I out to lunch on Tuesday, (she was out on Monday.) I'm especially excited that my boss is very hands-off. I am far away from the land of micro-managing and it makes me feel like a 500lb weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

I've had a pretty slow start. I didn't have anything to do until my first meeting on Thursday so I watched training videos to brush up on my coding skills until then. The great thing is that these are tutorials that I was planning on watching in my own time anyway and I already have learned so much. The projects that have started seem very manageable.

The most interesting thing about my new job is that I have a PC! I haven't used a PC for years (I've only been using Macs) so it's been interested re-learning all my usual shortcuts and getting used to the new set up.

Overall, it matches my expectations and I look forward to learning a lot here but I can't picture being here forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment