Tuesday, August 2, 2011

All Booked

Before: I had made a decision. Signed a document. Given my notice. Told friends and family.

But today: I bought a ticket. A one way ticket. To Texas. In August.

Wow, this is really happening. Plans are slowly coming together. Besides my one way ticket, I also booked movers today to come and not only move my things, but pack everything. This seemed like the easiest thing to do and the best way to avoid fragile items getting broken, leave the packing to the experts. And luckily, it really wasn't that much extra money.

A side note about these movers: they're the official movers of the Steelers, Pirates and Penguins and come highly recommended from my friends. There's a certain kind of irony that my things will have to pass through Pittsburgh to get to Texas...

So I officially have a plan! Here it is:

August 12th: Movers come to take all my worldly possessions, pack them up and drive them down to Texas
August 19th: Last day at my old job
August 20th: Fly to DFW (with a stop over in Charlotte)
August 22nd: Start at my new job

(Sometime between August 17th and August 27th, my things will arrive in Texas so I will have to pack enough clothes for a few weeks when they come on the 12th.)

Other updates:
• Mark got the keys to our new home! He sent me pics but I can't wait to see it in person. :-)
• I started a pinterest board for inspiration for the decor to our new apartment. (I probably won't post much until I get into the actual space and see what we need.)

No comments:

Post a Comment